Terms & Conditions
1. The terms and conditions listed below form a contract between the customer booking the training course “the Customer” and DHDT Ltd Company registration number 12914772 “the Company”. The Company’s address for all communications (including complaints) is DHDT Ltd, Envision house, The Power House Site, Darlington, DL2 1TS. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. A non-refundable deposit of 20% total course value is due at the time of booking by bank transfer, debit/credit card or cash. If a deposit is not received, we reserve the right to consider any provisional telephone booking as cancelled.
3. All course fees must be paid in full 1 week before the course commencement date. The fees charged by the Company for its courses can be found on the quote provided.
4. All major credit or debit cards are accepted by secure transaction using Square transaction Processing.
5.1 Some Customers will have a right to cancel this contract under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and additional charges) Regulations 2013 (Those excluded from this right to cancel are Customers buying training courses from the Company in the normal course of their business). Where the right to cancel under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 applies the Customer may cancel its contract with the Company as follows:-
5.1. The Customer may cancel this contract at any time up to the end of the fourteenth working day from the day this Contract was concluded UNLESS the Customer has agreed to the training courses starting before the end of this cancellation period in which case the Customer’s right to cancel will end when the Company has started supplying the training courses;
5.2 Where there is a right to cancel under the Consumer Contracts Regulations the Customer does not need to give the Company any reason for cancelling this Contract nor will the Customer have to pay any penalty.
5.3 Other than cancellation in accordance with clause 5.1 course cancellation must be made no later than 28 days prior to the commencement of the course by letter or email. Should a course be reserved to commence with less than a 28 day period and then cancelled for whatever reason full course fees will become payable to the Company unless we can re-sell it.
5.3.1 the Company will retain the deposit and other fees paid and endeavour to re-sell the course elsewhere. Where the Company is able to re-sell the course in full for the same price due to be charged to the Customer any fees paid, less a reasonable administrative charge, will be returned to the Customer. Any outstanding loss will be payable by the Customer to the Company.
5.3.2 In the event that the Company is able to recoup its losses in full from the deposit and fees paid previously by the Customer any remaining balance of the deposit and fees paid will be refunded to the Customer.
6. Course fees are payable in full if condition number 5 is not adhered to.
7. All trainees must be in possession of all legal driving licence requirements before commencement of the course. The Company accepts no responsibility for trainees having not complied with these requirements which may lead to a loss of fees.
8. In the event of a breakdown, the Company will provide tuition and test not taken at no extra cost to the Customer.
9. Should the trainee miss any days training on their course for any reason other than due to fault on the part of the Company, the course option will be classed as null and void. No course fees will be refunded in such circumstances by the Company as it will have been unable to sell the course elsewhere. The Company however does not cover costs incurred by the illness of the trainee.
10. The Company cannot guarantee to the customer that they will have the same vehicle or instructor for training or test although it will endeavour to do so.
11. The Company reserves the right to terminate the course if we consider the trainee whilst in charge of the vehicle to be a danger to themselves, the instructor, or the general public or under the influence of Alcohol or Drugs.
12. Should the trainee not reach the Driving Standards Agency practical test standard within the course period, the Company reserves the right to cancel the practical test. If the candidate cannot test, we will not be held liable for any costs of extra training or for replacing the forfeited test. It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that their driving standard is sufficient for them to pass within the timeframe allowed by the course which they have booked.
13. The Company cannot be held responsible for a practical test being cancelled by the Driving Standards Agency. However an alternative date will be provided by DVSA. 14. DVSA may cancel your driving test if for some reason an examiner is not available on the day of your test. Where possible you will be given notice and an alternative date or time will be made available. In the event of bad weather, you should still attend your training and test. Your test will only be cancelled if the weather would be considered to make driving conditions dangerous. If DVSA cancel your test you will be entitled to make a claim to DVSA for any out of pocket expenses.
15. The trainee must produce to the practical test driving examiner a current valid driving licence. If no driving licence is produced the test will not go ahead.
16. Where our contract with the Customer is to provide driving tuition only, it is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that the vehicle is suitable for test clause and all applicable legislation will lead to termination of the course and, unless any part of the course can be sold elsewhere all course fees will be forfeited.
17. Car parking is free to trainees. However, other than loss caused by its own negligence, the company cannot be held responsible for any loss of personal effects the customer may leave in their own vehicle, the training vehicle or company premises.
18. We will need to collect personal data for the following purposes in accordance with GDPR Regulations
Contacting you regarding your training and/or test
Booking a driving test
Recording the details of your training.
Confirming your payment(s)
Letting you know about other services offered by Dave Hughes Driver Training that you might be interested in.
18.1 Your data is held in a secure database and can only be accessed by authorised members of staff.
18.1.2 Payment card details are not retained.
18.1.3 We do not share your data with third parties, other than those companies who need the data in order to issue a Certificate of Training, driving licence or CPC Qualification card.
Those organisations are
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)
The National Logistics Training Consortium (NLTC) for CPC Periodic Training
18.1.4 In general, we will keep your records no longer than is necessary for the purpose in which we hold them, in accordance with GDPR Regulations. If you would prefer we delete your records earlier, or retain your records indefinitely. Please let us know.
19. Please note our cancellation policy as follows. For courses which include a driving test (Category BE, C1, C1E, C, CE, D1 ,D1E and D) Deposit is non refundable Cancellation more than 4 weeks prior to the start of the course – Full refund of all fees excluding deposit. Cancellation between 4 weeks and 7 days prior to the start of the course – 50% refund of fees if paid in full excluding deposit Cancellation Less than 1 working week prior to the start of the course- No refund of any fees unless we can find another candidate at short notice to take your place. For CPC Courses Please give 24 hours notice for a cancellation. Cancellation can be made by telephone to 01325238038, or email to email@example.com; please use the subject ‘Cancellation’ in your email.
20. This Contract, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law, and the Company and the Customer both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.